EXPECTED SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING RESULTS
(June 2007 – WASC)
Holy Martyrs Armenian Elementary & Ferrahian High School will prepare its graduates to be:
1. CRITICAL THINKERS AND PROBLEM-SOLVERS WHO
- a. Can gather, evaluate, and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- b. Utilize information-processing skills to understand complex concepts and solve various problems.
- c. Apply problem-solving skills to real-life situations.
- d. Use technology effectively and responsibly to enhance problem-solving skills.
2. LIFE-LONG LEARNERS WHO
- a. Demonstrate the desire to pursue higher education.
- b. Develop and practice academic skills and tools to acquire college education.
- c. Comprehend and appreciate that education is an on-going process.
3. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS WHO
- a. Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral English language skills.
- b. Develop and demonstrate effective communication skills.
- c. Use technology effectively and responsibly to enhance communication skills.
4. INDIVIDUALS EMPOWERED IN ARMENIAN CULTURE WHO
- a. Understand and appreciate the Armenian cultural heritage.
- b. Acquire and apply written and oral communication skills in Armenian language and develop an appreciation of the Armenian literature and history.
- c. Develop pride and determination to pursue the aspirations of the Armenian people.
- d. Understand and respect the cultural diversity of the society in which they live.
- e. Acknowledge and respect the dignity of every individual human being.
5. RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS WHO
- a. Live with moral courage, integrity, and focused purpose.
- b. Contribute to the community and to the general society in which they live.
- c. Work collaboratively while appreciating individuality.
- d. Take responsibility of their personal health and wellness.
- e. Understand and appreciate the American cultural heritage and history.
- f. Appreciate and contribute to the well being of the global environment.