Dear Parents and Students:
This letter pertains to the schedule of the first semester exams for grades 6-12 and the exam guidelines.
- Exam Review: Wednesday, December 16 – full day. Morning through noon: regular classes. The afternoon: review of the afternoon classes
- Exam Review: Thursday, December 17 – 8:00 – 12:00 – half day. Review of morning classes. The school is closed in the afternoon.
- Exam day 1: Friday, December 18 – 8:30 – 12:00
- Exam day 2: Monday, December 21 – 8:30 – 12:00
- Exam day 3: Tuesday, December 22 – 8:30 – 10:00
Make-up exams can be scheduled for this day from 10:30 to 12:00 p.m.
Students must make prior arrangements with their respective teachers.
On exam days, students must be in school by 8:15 a.m. latest. All exams are administered in the classrooms. The first exam starts at 8:30 a.m. and the second at 10:30 a.m. The exam periods are one-and -half hour long and are not extended. Students must leave the campus latest by 12:30 pm.
Please note that the exam grade is an important component of the student’s semester grade. The breakdown of the semester grade is as follows:
1st quarter average = 40%, 2nd quarter average =40%, 1st semester exam grade=20%
- Students must be in school uniform otherwise they will not be allowed to take the exams.
- Students tardy to an exam for more than 15 minutes will not be allowed to take the exam and will get “F” failing grade in that exam.
- Students absent for health or medical reasons must bring a doctor’s note to be eligible to take a makeup exam. Students without a doctor’s note will be considered unexcused and will get “F” failing grade for the missed exam(s).
- Absolute silence is mandatory in a classroom. Any disturbance or any attempt by a student to disturb the course of the exam even within the context of making a “practical joke” will be removed from the classroom and will get “F” failing grade in that exam.
- Students are not allowed to take books or notes to the classroom.
- Students must remain seated in class the first hour of the exam even if they complete the exam early. They are allowed to leave the classroom after the booklets and the answer sheets are collected and with the permission of the teacher.
- Students are not allowed to be in the balcony areas during the exam sessions.
- Students may go to their lockers only during the exam break, 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Calculators are allowed in the classroom only by the permission of the course instructor. Students cannot borrow calculators from each other. Cell phones cannot be used for calculators.
- Cell phones and all other electronic or communication devices are forbidden in the classrooms. All such devices must remain in the student’s locker/car and in off position. Failure to follow this policy will result in penalties as described in the school’s General Handbook.
- Students will not be able to take the exams if they have not served their detentions.
- All school disciplinary policies and regulations are strictly enforced on exam days.
Thank you for your attention and we wish our students success.Best regards,
John Kossakian, Principal